Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Angels have never been physical beings nor do they have wings as many pictorials portray them. Created equally to all forms of life since everything that exists is energy including yourself. There's no difference between Angels and us except we choose to experience physical life.
For each person, there are two and sometimes more guardian angels. Their job is to bring us circumstances, people, and events that assist us on our life path. Angels also help to heal emotional wounds and ease life challenges while guiding us towards our desires. They can surround us with protective light and calm our worrisome thoughts and emotions.
Angels connect to us from within our minds, but most of us are too busy to hear them. We must quiet the chatter of our minds along with troubling thoughts and emotions to listen to their guidance. Meditation is a successful practice for achieving this connection.
Anytime we focus our attention on angels they move closer toward us. So asking them for guidance or protection calls them closer. They want to help us, but we must ask for their help. They will not interfere with our freewill. Starting a practice of asking for their help daily will increase your connection and recognition of their guidance.
What are your guardian angels telling you? Quiet your mind and listen.
Monday, July 18, 2016
Considered by many as a pioneer of the new age thought movement, Charles Haanel was light-years beyond the ideas of his day. His book is written in bite size paragraphs for easy digestion, ending each chapter with a practice exercise. If you diligently tackled and applied the teachings of this twenty-four-week course, he claims you will become a deliberate creator manifesting what you desire into your life.
He starts the book by stating "Thought is energy. Active thought is active energy. A concentrated thought is concentrated energy. Thought concentrated on a definite purpose becomes power".
The exercises that follow are a condensed version written in my words outlining each of the Master Key System practice exercises. I highly recommend purchasing the book for it offers more in-depth detail and scientific reasoning why this power to create is our innate ability. Click here if you prefer an audio description of these exercises.
1. Find a quite place where you won't be disturbed. Sit in a comfortable erect position holding your body perfectly still for 30 minutes. Practice this exercise until you gain full control of your physical body.
2. Take the same comfortable erect position as the last exercise but this time, practice inhibiting all thought while keeping your body perfectly still. When a thought comes to mind, let it go and redirect your attention on your breath. Focus on inhaling in and exhaling out. Practice this exercise until you can release all thought for 30 minutes.
3. Take the same comfortable erect position but this time, you are going to relax your entire body. Relax all the muscles of your body releasing the pressure on nerves which contributes to tension and physical exhaustion. Relaxing your body also allows the blood to circulate more freely benefitting your body and brain. Don't move on to the next exercise until you have accomplished this practice for at least 30 minutes.
4. Take the same comfortable, relaxed position but this time, you are going to practice releasing all adverse or busy, emotional thoughts that enter your mind. When an emotional thought enters your mind, let it go, and redirect your attention on your breath. Try to allow a feeling of peace to flow throughout your body. Don't move on to exercise five until you have accomplished this exercise for 30 minutes.
5. Take the same comfortable, relaxed position but this time, you are going to practice visualization. You are going to construct a place. Any place you desire and then step into the image. Hear the sounds, feel the textures, see the colors and all the structures that surround it.
For example, when I'm doing this visualization exercise I imagine myself standing on a beach during a warm summer evening. The stars in the black night sky cast a glow of light on the path that leads back to my beach house. I'm standing at the water's edge gazing out over the vast dark blue water. The only sound I can hear are the waves crashing down upon the shore. My feet sink into the velvety wet sand as each cold wave rushes swiftly over them.
Make a detailed mental image of your place of choice. Practice this exercise adding more detail each time you do.
6. Before taking the same comfortable, relaxed position choose a photo to examine. Memorizing every possible detail. After you're done observing the details close your eyes and reconstruct this picture in your mind. Practice visualizing every detail. Continue practicing this exercise until your mental image resembles the photo.
7. After taking the same comfortable, relaxed position close your eyes and visualize a friend or family member. Visualize this person exactly how you last saw them including the surroundings.
Once you've accomplished this mental image, start a conversation with them. See this person's facial expressions and hear their response to your comments and questions.
8. Again take the same comfortable, relaxed position. For this exercise, you are going to construct an object from its origin to completion.
For example, construct a piece of wood furniture or an article of clothing. Visualize a tree being cut down then hauled off to the sawmill. Construct an article of clothing start with a cotton seed planted into the soil. Then visualize the cotton being plucked from the plants then hauled off to the loom where it's woven into a fabric.
Visualize each step of construction until you have a finished product. If you like, start with something small then graduate to larger more intricate objects.
9. This week after taking the same comfortable, relaxed position you are going to visualize a plant. Choose any plant you desire. Bring it from a seed you bury into the soil into a mature plant.
Visualize the roots growing forming shoots down into the ground. See the rainwater seep into the soil then being absorbed by the roots.
Once the plant is full grown smell the flowers, feel the texture of the leafs and watch it sway in the breeze.
10. Again take the same comfortable, relaxed position. However, this time, focus on a blank section of wall.
Mentally draw a black horizontal line. Then add two black vertical lines connected to either end of this first line. Then add another black horizontal line creating a square.
Once you have a clear mental picture of this square, draw a circle inside it and a dot in the center of this circle.
Once you can clearly visualize this image, pull the dot towards you creating a cone coming out of the square. Now, change the color of this square cone-shaped image from black to red to green.
11. For this week's exercise concentrate on this quotation from the Bible, "Whatsoever things ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them".
Thoroughly concentrate on this passage. What so ever we desire, if we pray and believe, we shall have it.
12. This week take the same comfortable, relaxed position and meditate on the fact we are in kind to the universal power. The only difference is of degree. We are created in the image of God. We, as our creator, are also creators.
13. After taking the same comfortable, relaxed position and meditate on the fact that our thoughts influence our emotional vibration which attracts creations into our experience.
Happy thoughts create happy emotions. Negative thoughts create negative emotions. The vibrations of the thoughts in our mind connect to the Universal Mind. This connection becomes a channel through which the Universal Mind expresses its creations.
Let this idea permeate your consciousness. Know that you and the Universal Mind are one. Meditate on this fact until you feel this connection.
14. Again, take the same comfortable, relaxed position. For this exercise, you will meditate on the word harmony. Concentrate on this word and absorb its full meaning. Don't skip this exercise; it's important. You want to embody the complete essence and emotion of this word.
15. Take your comfortable, relaxed position and meditate on the knowledge of knowing about this creative power of thought of which we possess.
Recognize that knowledge does not apply itself. Our actions and habits determine our effort. Think about how you can integrate this knowledge into applications you can implement into your daily life.
16. Take the same comfortable, relaxed position and this time meditate on the realization that harmony and happiness are states of consciousness. They are not dependent on external possessions.
Physical objects or events are effects and come as a consequence of mental states of mind. You have to feel harmony and happiness to attract the physical equivalent that brings you joy.
17. After taking your comfortable, relaxed position meditate on the emotion, you wish to feel in your life.
For example, to eliminate emotions of fear concentrate on courage, lack focus on abundance. Always concentrate on the feeling you want to experience.
Once you have embodied the emotion, you wish to feel, sense yourself connecting to all creations equivalent to this emotion. Feel these manifestations being channeled down from the Universal Mind into your life.
18. Take your comfortable, relaxed position and meditate on the truth of your innate power to create. Embody this belief.
Acknowledge that seeds must be sown before the world of spirit can produce effects into our life experience. Our thoughts and emotions are such seeds. The physical outcome is dependent on the nature of the seed.
19. This week's exercise is on concentrating. Thoroughly concentrate on an object of thought. Become so absorbed by this object that nothing else enters your consciousness. Do this exercise several times a day.
Concentrate on the fact that appearances are deceptive. For example, the universe extends beyond our comprehension, the light from the stars in the night sky travel millions of miles before reaching our sight, and the earth that travels around the sun also rotates, however, it feels motionless beneath our feet.
20. After taking your comfortable, relaxed position meditate on the fact that "In Him, we live and move and have our being".
If He is all of all things, you must be in Him. That He is a spirit, and we are created in the image and likeness of Him.
When you can completely absorb this statement without a doubt, then you have found the secret power of concentrated thought. The key to solving any situation.
21. After taking a comfortable, relaxed position meditate on the truth. Realize that nothing can stand in your way when you learn how to apply the correct thought principals.
Know that in the silence there is an unlimited potential of awakening. Silent thought concentration is the method of reaching and expressing your highest potential drawn from the world within.
22. Again take your comfortable, relaxed position and meditate on Tennyson's words " Speak to Him, for He hears, and Spirit with Spirit can meet. Closer is He than breath, and nearer than hands and feet."
Realize when you speak to the Universal Mind you are in touch with omnipotence. An all-powerful supreme spirit who channels through you this creative power of manifesting.
23. This week meditate on the fact that man is not a body with a spirit but a spirit within a body. Spirit has the power to create, mold, and manipulate at will.
24. For this last exercise take your comfortable, relaxed position and meditate on this amazing world. Appreciate all the glorious creations that surround you.
Then concentrate on the Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." What do you want to bring to life?
Again, I highly recommend purchasing the book The Master Key System. The practice exercises within the book are more in-depth than mine, and each chapter explains why this belief is, in fact, scientific truth. Remember, you have to believe. Faith is key.
Saturday, July 9, 2016
It's been quite a journey. Along the way, I meet many wonderful people patients, doctors, and nurses. The majority of the time you interact with the nurses and technicians. They were all so very kind and compassionate I can't say enough about them.
During this cancer journey, I tried to understand why I may have gotten cancer and what lessons I could learn. First of all, I learned that there are far too many people battling this disease. My thoughts and prayers are with them for their successful journeys end.
I believe one of the reasons I could have gotten cancer was worrying too much. Stress, as we all know, can cause ailments and disease. I was obsessed with being prepared for the future. Starting over at the age of thirty-four I was on the accelerated program. Instead of doing my best and letting go trusting that all would be well I postponed everything for this future. Getting cancer has shown me the future is now. Of course, you have to prepare but don't postpone your life.
The second lesson I've learned is to purge relationships that aren't healthy. Going through cancer treatment is difficult enough you don't need others bringing added stress into your life. So I stepped back from a few unhealthy relationships. I needed to love myself enough to surround myself with people who respected me. This stepping back doesn't mean I'll never speak to them again but for now, I need loving people surrounding me.
So, the two most valuable lessons I learned were to love myself and to live for today. No one knows what the future will hold. Forgive those who have hurt you and let go.
I made a VIDEO, which is an in-depth account of my experiences hoping to help others just starting out on their breast cancer journey.
Monday, July 4, 2016
Regardless of being justified in our anger towards someone or something, it doesn't matter. We ultimately receive what we send out. Letting go of anger is a gift to yourself. However, it's easier said than done.
Being creatures of habit and ego-driven beings we often view letting go of anger as an admission of fault. Forgiveness doesn't imply you approve of one's behavior. It means you care more about your peace of mind than an energy draining losing battle of the ego. It also means you choose a happier life experience than a negative one.
Try these practices to help you to release anger and forgive.
1. Each time you find yourself thinking about the situation or person you're angry with shout "Stop." Then redirect your thoughts.
2. Use affirmations to redirect your thoughts. For example, "This situation or person will not control my future".
3. Remind yourself daily that every thought, word, and emotion are influencing your tomorrow with either negative or positive life experiences.
4. List all the positive things currently in your life each morning.
5. Give thanks, each night for all the positive things that happened during the day.
6. Keep a daily journal of your emotions. Give each emotion a percentage to track your progress. (Video Demonstration)
7. Play some uplifting music. Make a collection of happy songs and plugin altering your mood.
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
It's believed we chose our vulnerabilities and so-called flaws before coming into physical life to influence and attract correlating experiences. Most often these flaws are pointed out to us by others. In essence, we're conditioned into believing we're flawed. In adopting this negative view starts the shadow effect. A rejecting of aspects of yourself.
The problem with rejecting aspects of yourself is the powerful attraction we send out for more situations that trigger exposing these flaws. Yes, until we accept all aspects of yourself we will continue to attract more of the same. However, there's one very major flaw. We may not possess all the negative flaws others have convinced us we possess.
Define yourself, don't allow others to define you. We all have aspects of yourself that we chose to refine during this lifetime. After all, life is about growth. We all have a shadow hiding behind a mask. Don't allow others to define what your shadows are you uncover them yourself.
Most often your life challenges are revealed through what you notice in others. The flaws you see in others are more often flaws you possess. If you're honest with yourself and examine the faults you see in others you realize these are your hidden shadows. This recognition is spiritual. It's guidance exposing to you your life lessons.
Ignoring our shadow self only hurts yourself. We will continue to attract events, situations, and similar people into our life. What we resist will persist. Our shadow self will not retreat but continually expose itself through self-destructive behaviors. When we finally accept our shadow self we set you free. We learn the lessons we chose to overcome.
Accept your authentic self. Once you do, you will experience the totality of love. We were meant to be who we are. Learn more about the Shadow Effect.
Friday, June 17, 2016
Spirits will communicate any way they can to get your attention. Watch for reoccurring themes. For example, you start receiving emails on a particular subject, seeing the same commercial or television show advertised, numbers or a specific thought keeps coming to mind. All these experiences are spirits trying to communicate with you. Rule of thumb, if something captures your attention it was meant to, don't dismiss it. This recognition is our innate ability to communicate with the spirit world.
When you start acknowledging communication and taking action to investigate your connection to spirit will grow stronger. And don't forget to add meditation into your daily practice. Ask for guidance then sit quietly and listen. Then, of course, pay attention to signs that enter your day. Carry a small journal to jot down anything that feels like a message. You may not understand right away but before you know it the message will be clear.